We are a LEADER Local Action Group, working across North Dorset, the rural areas of East Dorset, Christchurch and in Sherborne and the surrounding area awarding grants from the Rural Development Programme at a local level. One of 79 Local Action Groups (LAGs) in England, we are delegated to allocate project funding to rural businesses and community groups to help them create jobs, help businesses to grow or benefit the wider rural economy.
A project must be based in the Northern Dorset Local Action Group Area.
Applications for LEADER Grants are now CLOSED
Funding is allocated according to six national LEADER Priorities alongside our own strategic priorities which are identified in our Local Development Strategy
- Support to increase farm productivity – Closed
- Support for micro and small businesses and farm diversification -Closed
- Support for rural tourism – Closed
- Provision of rural services – Closed
- Support for cultural and heritage activity – Closed
- Support for increasing forestry productivity – Closed
Find out more in the LEADER Applicant Handbook
See more about successful projects
Our work is overseen by the Rural Payments Agency on behalf of the Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and our Accountable Body, Dorset Council. We also work closely with the Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership to ensure our funding complements that of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme.