The hunt is on for some more Great Project Ideas that fit with LEADER Priority 2: Support for micro and small businesses and farm diversification
Grant funding has unexpectedly become available. The Local Action Group’s window to approve applications and run projects is time-limited so don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest 18 March 2019
- Grants available for projects in micro or small businesses, including social enterprises in the LAG area – See Map
- Projects must be based on capital expenditure – usually equipment or construction costs.
- Grants from £5,000 to £100,000 are available; up to 40% of the eligible costs, with 60% match funding supplied by private sources (e.g. your own funds, bank loan, friend and family etc. but not another public source
- Projects must be ‘ready-to-go’ – that means
- You can have all the permissions and licences needed for the project before you submit the full application.
- You can meet the procurement requirements – that is three quotes for most items.
- You have your match funding agreed.
- You can finish your project and claim this year.
- This scheme has a two-stage application process. Time is short – If the expression of interest is eligible you will be invited to submit a full application quickly
For more information see the Priority 2 section in LEADER Applicant Handbook and contact Sarah 01305 228699 or Melita 01305 225525 for an Expression of Interest form and to discuss the eligibility of your project.
The LAG has nearly committed all its funds and has only opened for applications under LEADER Priority 2. To find out if and when any more grants are available sign up to our e-newsletter on our home page
For information about other grants see Other funding