We already have successful cultural events and a creative sector in our area but we want to help develop stronger and better connections between the cultural sector and tourism.
Projects will need to focus on the promotion, enhancement and maintenance of cultural heritage assets and events, where this promotes growth in the tourism economy and:
- creates a sense of local identity through raised awareness of their importance; or
- helps protect cultural heritage features against damage and degradation.
All projects must be able to demonstrate a benefit to the wider local economy.
The types of projects we want to fund:
- the construction and / or restoration of buildings and other physical assets;
- the enhancement, restoration of the cultural and natural heritage of villages and rural landscapes and high nature value sites;
- the conservation of small scale built heritage;
- enhancement of cultural and community activities and venues providing cultural and heritage activity;
- events linked to cultural activity.
These grants are for projects which make no charge. Projects that will generate an income should apply under either the rural tourism or rural services priority.
Making Connections between businesses and within the Economy; Making Connections between Places, Making Connections between Communities
Support for cultural and heritage activity
Minimum grant approximately £5,000 Maximum grant approximately £140,000. These grants are for projects which make no charge. Projects that will generate an income should apply under either the rural tourism or rural services priority.
Who Can Apply?
Landowners, rural community groups, local authorities (in exceptional circumstances)